Empowering Sales Teams To Succeed at the Speed of Business
By Mohana Radhakrishnan, VP Client Services, Expertus
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” —Aristotle
Your sales teams are the lifeblood of your enterprise. Their ability to perform consistently at their peak has a direct impact on your company’s bottom line, as well as its long-term success.
But to compete effectively in today’s marketplace, these key players must keep up-to-date on your organization and its offerings, while continuously elevating their functional skills and competence.
That’s a tall order. It’s why sales is arguably the most important group your learning organization serves. And yet sales people are often your toughest training customers.
They’re always on-the-go, without a minute to spare. Anything that draws their attention away from selling is considered a productivity drain. Even when they do participate in a training program, it’s difficult to reinforce learning, over time.
In fact, according to a recent study by Richardson and Training Industry, Inc., only 32% of learning professionals say their organizations are “effective” or “very effective” at sustaining sales training. What about the other 68%?
Making Learning Last
Clearly, business needs to do better. But solutions must address two core issues:
1) How to provide relevant training content and performance support — when and where it brings the greatest value to participants;
2) How to appropriately reinforce learning to extend its useful life.
Sales Training and Your CRM — A Perfect Match
As we’ve discussed before, meaningful learning experiences start when we meet learners on their terms. And the best way to connect with sales professionals is through their customer relationship management (CRM) platform of choice. These days, that platform is Salesforce — the pioneering SaaS sales/marketing/service suite.
Now, with standards-based REST APIs from Expertus, it takes only minutes to embed a remarkably robust, real-time learning experience directly into the familiar Salesforce interface.
When configured to your requirements, the ExpertusONE cloud LMS exchanges content directly with Salesforce and other enterprise systems, for dynamic continuous learning that fits seamlessly into daily sales workflows.
Why Direct Integration?
Direct access to ExpertusONE LMS data is an important distinction. Several other vendors offer LMS/CRM data exchange, but it’s based on a duplicate copy of the LMS, which opens the door to multiple problems. It can slow content delivery and system performance, create data errors and redundancy, and make platform management unnecessarily complex.
Direct integration is a safer bet. You can feel confident that your sales reps are always a click away from finding and launching the most relevant, up-to-date learning activities — anytime, from anywhere, on any device they prefer. No delays. No data distortions. No downtime.
As our 30-minute integration demo illustrates, a direct approach opens your sales organization to a whole new level of LMS access, convenience and personal control. This true point-of-work solution means more learning engagement, less time away from selling activities and higher sales productivity.
Extending Your Sales Training Investments
Most importantly, with learning activities embedded in the Salesforce interface, you can easily implement strategies that reinforce learning before, during and after training is delivered. From promotional communications and notifications, to game-based reward mechanisms and progress tracking, to embedded reference content and other performance support mechanisms — there are unlimited ways to sustain learning momentum.
Of course, as Aristotle wisely noted long ago, excellence isn’t an act — it’s a habit. And learning isn’t an event — it’s a process. But with tools that now fully support continuous learning, your organization can focus on what matters most: creating business value by empowering your sales teams to become excellent in every way.
Note from Mohana: Would you like to discuss how your organization can integrate learning directly into your sales management platform? We’re happy to help. Visit the ExpertusONE LMS for Salesforce page for more info, watch the on-demand demo now, or contact us anytime to schedule a personalized demo.
Image Credit: Stock.xchng